The goal of this session is giving managers the tools they need to lead and communicate more effectively. Understanding the different ways people communicate is key to managing them effectively. Leaders can become more effective in working with others by using strategies for managing that are based on recognizing and respecting individual differences.
Discover the best way to identify an employee’s working style to make the most of her or his talents and contributions. Learning to
communicate with full understanding of a person’s style brings desired results quickly. Participants will learn to create specific action plans
for managing others.
During this workshop, participants will learn to:
- How to identify their own behavioral style and learn each style’s strengths and areas for development.
- Techniques to identify the behavioral styles of others.
- To develop strategies for working effectively with people whose styles are different.
- By using case studies and role-plays to practice the skills of motivating, coaching, providing feedback and managing conflict with their direct reports.
- How to create an action plan for implementing behavioral changes that maximize individual strengths and minimize blind spots.