Strategic Account Management 1
Strategic Account Management is a strategy focused on the top revenue-generating accounts. With this strategy, the top 20% generate 80% of the annual revenue. For continual growth and optimal effectiveness, sales representatives must identify their target accounts that have the potential to move into the top tier of revenue-generators. Identifying such accounts is the first step in the process to set proper priorities for nurturing and growing accounts. Equally as important, is providing their managers with techniques to manage the Strategic Account Management Strategy so that they in turn, can hold the sales representatives accountable.
After key and target accounts have been defined, the sales representative must identify the needs of the customer in order to find a solution to meet those needs. The customer needs analysis approach results in:
- Shortening the sales cycle.
- Allowing sales representatives to focus and be knowledgeable about their key and target accounts.
- Developing better customer relationships.
- Identifying additional revenue streams with key accounts.
Individual coaching sessions will be conducted to help each sales representative manage and grow their key account portfolio.
During this workshop, participants will learn to:
- The framework so that each sales representative will leave the session having a Strategic Account Management strategy for his/her territory.
- To create a process that enables sales representatives to have a deeper understanding of every key and target account in order to generate new revenue and to build stronger client relationships.