Utilize a scientific process with validated data by benchmarking what success looks like and identifying the critical thinking skills, culture/values of successful leaders. Download XBInsight’s succession planning guide here.
- Prioritze roles.
- Determine from the current executive team, impact of loss, emergency successors and who is ready now for each job.
- Create job profile/benchmark for each role to include necessary skills, competencies, critical thinking and values. Identify experience and talent required for role.
- Job profile/benchmark is created by utilizing industry data as well as input from incumbent, incumbent’s boss and SME’s (Subject Matter Experts).
- Identify potential internal candidates and assess against the job profile. Will net competency & cognitive scores as well as values and behavioral fit.
- Talent and leadership assessment administered for each participant.
- Leaders participate in a 90-minute coaching session to review the results of their assessment and create individual development goals.
- Customized gap analysis and development plan is created for each leader.
- High, moderate and low potential will be determined for each leader.